Patient Letter and Instructions
Dear Surgical Guest,
Welcome to PeakOneSurgeryCenter (POSC). Please read the following for important information regarding your surgical procedure.
- Registration personnel from Peak One Surgery Center will call to obtain your demographic and insurance information. You may call directly at (970) 668-1458 if this is more convenient.
If you do not hear from Peak One Surgery Center’s staff by the day before surgery, please call 970-668-1458 or 866-625-6173. We may have had difficulty reaching you.
- One Medical Passport: Please log on to One Medical Passport to enter your medical history information. This will give you a quick and secure way to send your health information to us. You may access One Medical Passport’s site by clicking on the link on our website www.peak1asc.com, or go to www.onemedicalpassport.com. You may receive a phone call if our Pre-Surgical Teaching (PST) nurse/personnel has any additional follow-up questions or instructions.
- Diagnostic lab tests, X-rays and EKGs specific to your age and medical history are sometimes ordered by a physician. These are not routinely performed on all surgical patients. If the tests need to be performed prior to your surgery you will receive a call from the PST nurse and will be instructed regarding when and where you need to go to complete the identified tests.
- It is very important to inform your doctor and Peak One Surgery of any allergies you may have including latex and/or medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart problems, staph infection, MRSA, TB, etc.. These conditions may require further evaluation by an anesthesiologist before your procedure day.
- Prior to your day of surgery: Please complete the pre-surgery Hibiclens cleansing showers/baths – see the instruction sheet Pre-Surgery Body Cleaning Instructions included in your pre-operative packet, or on our website. For the best results the frequency for bathing must be once a day, for 3 days prior to surgery, and the morning of surgery. This will get your skin ready for surgery.
- It is required that someone else will drive you home. There are no exceptions, as you have received anesthesia or sedation. If you are using public transportation to return home, you must have a responsible adult escort. It is strongly advised that you not drive for the remainder of the day, and that someone stays with you overnight.
- Call your surgeon’s office if you develop a cold, sore throat, fever or any other illness that occurs within 48 hours of your surgery.
FASTING BEFORE SURGERY:
- NO FOOD – fasting (8 hours prior to surgery). Surgery times are given by physician office staff.
- You may drink WATER ONLY up to 4 hours before admission.
- No gum, breath mints or chewing tobacco after midnight.
- It is OK to shower and brush your teeth.
Continue all routine oral and inhaled drugs, with a sip of water the morning of surgery, except for insulin and oral hypoglycemics.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring a photo ID, your insurance card and your co-pay and/or deductible payment.
- Please do NOT wear makeup, creams or lotions.
- Bring a case for contacts, glasses and dentures.
- Bring crutches and cooling device if having knee or foot surgery – check for proper fit and receive instructions for use.
- Leave ALL jewelry and valuables at home. POSC is not responsible for valuables.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothes. For upper extremity procedures a front button shirt is preferred.
- Bring a book, DVD or Ipod if desired, to pass the time in case of a procedural delay.